Wednesday 21 May 2008

Thanks o7

I would just like to thank the EVE Community for its support throughout this campaign and for electing me on to the CSM. While I am aware that many of my own alliance and our allies voted for me, I am also aware that I garnered substantial support across the EVE universe, from all kinds of unexpected quarters, and I immensely grateful to everyone who saw fit to vote for me.

It will be both a privilege and an honour to represent the EVE Community in Iceland and I will certainly reflect this in the way I contribute going forward.I just want to reiterate that I am not going to CSM to represent any particular viewpoint or playstyle or to champion the rights of 0.0 spaceholder. I am going to CSM to represent the playerbase as a whole and to ensure that this game which we all play continues to improve. That may mean that I end up defending the rights of sov-holders on some issues and opposing them on others. It simply depends on the issue and what I feel is in the best interest of this game and its playerbase going forward.

I would also like to thank the other candidates for what was in general a clean campaign. I look forward to working with the other successful representatives and intend to respect the expertise they bring to the CSM. As I have said before I am not a 'marketeer' or an 'industrialist' and will therefore respect the views and opinions of those who have more experience in those aspects of the game! The CSM Council does represent a cross section of EVE playstyles and I sincerely believe that every viewpoint is valid and of merit even if I do not necessarily agree with all of them.

Finally, I would like to thank CCP. I think this is a very exciting opportunity and am looking forward to meeting you all in Iceland. I sincerely hope that this is not a huge publicity stunt (as many suspect) and that the CSM does get the opportunity to contribute to the development in a real (and realistic) way. I certainly intend to do my part!

Anyway (apart from the Tom Cruise love) this kinda sums up my current feelings:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cnCMqr1QRQw

Oh, and Amarr Victor o7

1 comment:

Melaisis said...

Good man; you deserved it. :)